Tuesday 20 November 2012

a day to remember

Graduation is the last thing on a student's mind as they're enrolling at university, I know it was for me. It seemed like such a long way away that I didn't even need to think about it. I had to get my head down and actually get my degree first. Fast forwarded 3 years and suddenly you're leaving university. For me I had a huge gap, I finished my last exam early June but had to wait until early November for graduation. Within that time I felt like I was in limbo, neither coming or going, & a little lost to say the least.
At the cross in Chester
But finally the day came and I've never been so nervous. I went with my parents to collect my cap and gown and had our professional pictures taken. We then walked into Chester and took lots of photographs. The ceremony itself was incredible, all the students were in the cathedral. I was lucky enough that my seat was just across from my family so I could see them and they could see me.
My friends and me
When they call your name, it's quite terrifying, as there are about a thousand eyes on you. I've never liked being in the spotlight but that day was an exception. I've worked my butt off to get my degree and I'm so proud of myself.
Me & Dad
The only sad thing about the day was that my Grandfather wasn't there. He died before I went to university, so he never knew. He was a Doctor of Music, and a senior lecturer at Chester University. He use to compose the musical anthems especially for graduation. He then played these anthems on the cathedral's organ during the ceremony. He was unbelievably talented and would have been over the moon to play for me on my special day. But I still had my parents, my grandma and my boyfriend to support me!

At night me and my friends all went out to celebrate and to be a student one last time.
A little drunk

All in all it was definitely a day to remember and cherish.
Twitter  |  Tumblr  |  Youtube   

6 comments:

  1. Yay, huge congratulations on graduating lovely! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS Harriet! You must feel SO proud...your family looks lovely! Now off to the real world for you love! - ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Angi, I knowwww, don't remind meee! ;D xx

      Delete
  3. Congrats!!! Looks like you had a great day! :)
    JustJess59.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats Harriet ! Thats a huge milestone. I love your youtube videos, style and your personality. I had no idea you studied forensic biology. I can only imagine of spooky careers with that. Lol. I am looking forward to see where you ll be working eventually. all the best gal ! Keep making youtube videos. =)

    ReplyDelete