Tuesday 13 November 2012

rest in peace my little furry friend

Today is a sad day... my little guinea pig, Ted, passed away. He was always a sickly pig but a fighter nonetheless. Just over a year ago he had a stroke where he was paralysed down one side but recovered in a matter of hours. At the time I thought he was going to die but he didn't and pulled through. But yesterday he took a turn for the worst. We believe he had yet another stroke but this time it affected his swallowing reflex and so couldn't eat or drink. So we left him quiet in his cage, I sat beside him stroking his little face.
It's been quite a shock. Before I went down South he was doing so well. Happier and healthier than usual, really active, with nice shiny bright eyes, always up at the bars wanting attention. And now he's gone. My little furry friend. We, as a family, couldn't do anything more for him. He had a loving home, with all the food/water/treats that he could ever want. 

I can still remember the day we got him, he was the tiniest little thing I had ever seen. My Mum and Dad bought him as a surprise for me. I burst out crying when I first met him, because I had lost my previous guinea pig, Squirrel, beforehand who I loved so dearly. Ahhh I'm in tears as I write this. Guinea pigs are amazing little creatures with huge personalities despite their size. They bring so much love to a person's life.

  
I still have Basil bunny, he's been cheering me up with his naughty ways.
A very sad...

12 comments:

  1. I'm really sorry to hear this, Ted was absolutely gorgeous and I can tell he was a much loved little pig- I bet he had such a lovely time with you!

    Sending you lots of love,

    Florrie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much Florrie for your sweet comment <3 xx

      Delete
  2. Aww he looks gorgeous, so cute and cuddly! I hope you are okay I'm sorry for your loss!

    I had hamsters previously and although people just see them as hamsters, one especially had such a character and lived so long for a hamster - I know how you feel how silly it does sound with a hamster!

    www.studdedkisses.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww I'm so sorry lovely, it's so difficult to lose an animal, they really do become part of the family. Ted had such a lovely home with you, he had the best possible little guinea pig life & you'll always have those happy memories! Sending lots of love your way <3 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thankyou Jennie, who would think a little furry thing could leave behind a massive gaping hole! And yes, we had lots of good memories, which I won't forget. :') xxx

      Delete
  4. Goodbye to a lovely little guinea pig! He was gorgeous! I can tell he was very much loved! I'm so sorry again.

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear of your loss. Yesterday I adopted 4 guinea pigs, a Mama and her 3 beautiful babies, one of whom is a beautiful baby boy that I'm naming Ted in honour of your lost furbaby.
    They really are such sweet little creatures and wonderful additions to my furry family (which already had a guinea pig, 2 bunnies and 2 quails)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Owh, that's made me smile! Yay for your new piggies, I bet they're so cute. I've always wanted quails, they're such interesting little creatures xx

      Delete
  6. :( i'm very sure that the life he had was a beautiful one!
    it's heart breaking, but he's having fun in heaven i'm sure <3

    ReplyDelete