Thursday 6 September 2012

another thrifty find

 So this is my other thrifty find! It's a real leather jacket, woohoo! I've been wanting a black one for a while and this little number just happened to come along. I purchased it in Cancer Research for £10. It's a small and fits really well, it's lined and has a faux fury collar. I know for a fact I'm going to wear it to death.

I always like to wash clothing items I get from charity shops just so I know they're clean. But because this is real leather it said dry clean only. So I asked our local dry cleaners how much it would be and they said £35! They must be having a giraffe. So I put some washing powder in a bowl of warm water and wiped the collar and the inside. The jacket wasn't dirty at all and is in really good condition but know I have peace of mind. 

I can't wait until the next time I stumble across a hidden treasure!

10 comments:

  1. Hey, I came across your blog accidentally (I google 'ombré hair from blonde' and ended up here!) and I loved it so much, it inspired me to make one of my own! (If you want to check it out, it's: smileyclara.blogspot.com ) =)
    Love your posts and your upbeat energy, keep it up!

    p.s.: Great jacket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks Clara for your sweet comment :) x

      Delete
  2. This was a great find and looks amazing on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's absolutely insane! I got mine in Rokit for £25 which I thought was a good deal - its a men's one but so comfy, I love love love it xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh I've heard Rokit do good things! I will have to have a nosey at their stuff :) x

      Delete
  4. I love that jacket, what an amazing find! x

    ReplyDelete