Monday 13 August 2012

London 2012 Olympic Games

London 2012 Olympic Games

Wow, what an amazing 2 weeks we have had. I was always up for Great Britain to host the Olympics. Back in the day I use to be super sporty and competed at the Cheshire District Championships. Me and my fellow team mates won the 4x100m relay and smashed the record which was set in 1994! Anyways enough of that... It's been so nice to switch the TV on and watch some fantastic sport and to hear good news on the news (if you get me). 

GB started off slowly and I thought it would be a disaster but they turned a corner and started raking in the medals. And by the end of the games we came 3rd with 29 Golds, 17 Silver and 19 Bronze. Which is truly spectacular since we are such a small island compared to the powerhouses which are America and China.

I have never been so proud to be British and Team GB are incredible for what they have achieved. I must admit I do have a few favourite Olympians: Mo Farah, Jess Ennis, Chris Hoy & Tom Daley to name a few.

  And of course there's Bolt. I've never really watched him until now but I love his attitude, his bravado and well he's just a genuinely funny guy. I hope he doesn't stop athletics, I want to see him in Rio!  

I really wished I had made to effort to go down to London. I live all the way up north in Cheshire so I totally missed out on the atmosphere and everything. But nevertheless I enjoyed watching it on tele. If I could rewind I would probably try to volunteer. They looked like they had a fabulous time.

All the photographs are from the Facebook page Team GB, go and like it!
Well it truly is an end of an era. We've waited many many years for this and its come and gone.
But what it's left behind is beautiful. A country united and a generation inspired.

Harriet x

No comments:

Post a Comment