Monday 20 August 2012

graduation dress

Dress - Warehouse £20, Shoes - Clarks £20.

It has been my mission to find a suitable dress for an upcoming wedding and my graduation. I went around Chester at the weekend but all the shops failed me! Well, there was a lovely dress in River Island which was quite pretty, I would have gotten that if nothing else caught my eye. 


I went to Cheshire Oaks yesterday (which is an outlet), since I thought they would have a good selection of formal dresses/shoes. I came across this beautiful lace dress in Warehouse. Its a classic cut, just what I was looking for. It had originally been £48, and was marked down to £25, but I managed to get 20% with my student card. Result!


I also got these shoes from Clark's. I decided that a purple grey wedge would go well with the dress.
I was initially going to buy some nude heels, but they're all way too tall for me and so uncomfortable. Plus non of the million of pairs I tried on actually fit. Damn my feet being a size 5.5! They had been £50 and were marked down to £20.


I was so pleased with my shopping trip. Usually I never find anything at Cheshire Oaks. :)

Harriet x

10 comments:

  1. The dress is GORGEOUS! I bet the shoes will be so comfy being from Clarks! I have an outlet place near me, it's a bit hit and miss, but the bargains you can find are pretty good!

    Robyn Mayday
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks chick! Yeah I love Clarks shoes, every pair I've had have been so comfy and lasted for years. Cheshire Oaks is the same, but if you spend time looking, there's definitely a gem to be found! xx

      Delete
  2. Ah they are lovely finds! When is your graduation? :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely, it's not till November! >_< xx

      Delete
  3. Ahhh I always feel the same about Cheshire Oaks, I hardly ever go there and when I do I never usually come home with anything amazing. But boy, this is such a bargain! Such a gorgeously cute dress! And the Clarks add a lovely elegant touch, not too overdone. And great blog btw! Can't believe I've only just found it now.

    Gemma x

    www.gemmasatire.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Cheshire Oaks is a place to go when you have lots of time to rummage through everything! And thanks for the lovely comment. :) xx

      Delete
  4. Beautiful dress!! Perfect for graduation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure you'll look amazing. It's such a timeless, classic look and so pretty. Good bargains too! Also, kudos to you for finding a dress for both (important) occasions, I always find it a challenge!

    livingtherepurposefullife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks chick! I never buy/wear dresses so I thought I would never find a suitable one. Thank goodness I did, yay! xx

      Delete