Tuesday 28 August 2012

diy studded jumper

diy: studded shoulders

I love the studded jumpers that Topshop have been selling but they are far too expensive! So I thought I'd have a go at a DIY. 

What you will need:
A jumper: I bought this dip dye turquoise jumper in Primark for £8. I thought it would be perfect for studding. 

Some studs: The studs were relatively cheap and I got them from >>Ebay<<. 
And a knife: I just got an old kitchen one. Preferably use a blunt knife so there's no chance of cutting yourself.


1. I chose to stud my jumper down the seam. So first I positioned the stud where I wanted it to be.

2. I pushed the legs through the jumper, this was easy because the material wasn't that thick.

3. Using a knife push the legs inwards

4. Make sure the legs go into the stud, this anchors the studs better and stops them from working themselves out of the jumper.


I decided to use 5 studs on each shoulder, you could use more or less depending on what you want.

This is a great way to be right on trend with spending very little money! I have a video below of me studding the jumper, if you want to check it out :)

9 comments:

  1. I'm definitely going to try this soon, also I neeeed to find this jumper!

    viedelara.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go go Primark, they also do it in pink :) x

      Delete
  2. Looks really, really, really great. Love the jumper, especially now :D

    Always inspiring, Hattie

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks! That such a sweet comment :D xx

      Delete
  3. Dammit I need to do some studding! So the studs were really really cheap then?
    http://ohmyolivia.blogspot.co.uk/ xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure were, click on the Ebay link on the post, that's the seller I got them from :) x

      Delete
  4. Fab post! As you seem one for a lover of ebay and homemade things, I just thought you might be interested, but me and my friend are starting up our own jewellery business via ebay, we have quite a few products made up, but so far, we have only got round to putting these earrings up for sale! We are really reasonably priced, and the items are super cute! Would be extremely grateful if you could check them out, or even maybe purchase something! :D

    Here is our link to our first 'published' product :) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cute-Bird-Drop-Earrings-Antique-Gold-Earrings-/320972971581?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D1675637029708278812%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26#ht_500wt_1156

    Let me know what you think :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this so much it's a great idea! I think I'll have to try this out!

    Hannah - your newest follower:)
    elleesthannah.blogspot.com xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, I need one of these jumpers in my life, hopefully my Primark will have them (fingers crossed) :-)

    ReplyDelete