Monday 23 July 2012

MAC Waveline Fluidline


Mac Waveline Fluidline Review

This is my first gel liner from Mac. I really wanted a blue liner since my Mum wears blue eye makeup and it really suits her, plus it isn't as harsh as black. So I did a bit of research and it was a toss up between the Mac liner and the Bobbi Brown gel liner in Denim Ink. They are both very different when swatched. The Mac is a true royal blue not matter what light you are in. Whereas when the BB one when swatched is a very dull blue almost black, not a very flattering colour. However when it catches the light it has intense blue shimmer, which is gorgeous! I was going to buy the BB one but they had non in stock and I couldn't be bothered waiting so I opted for the Mac one. It costs £14 for 3g and comes in a little glass pot. 

My thoughts...

Pigmentation: Not opaque in one swatch. This product must be built up to achieve an intense royal blue.
Longevity: Amazing! Lasts for hours and hours, does not budge or transfer. 
Texture: Creamy so easy to work with.
Application: I use a Mac 210, works well. Perfect for lining the eyes.

Overall: I believe this will definitely be a staple in my makeup routine now.
 A blue mascara is needed to compliment this gel liner.  

Harriet x

No comments:

Post a Comment