Tuesday 15 March 2011

Teeth Whitening

Everybody wants gorgeous white gnashers,
hell I do!


But I've just read an article in the Daily Mail about home whitening kits.
Here's what the article had to say:

Blanx Intensive Whitening Treatment £10.99
Claim: 'Its a unique formula, based on Arctic lichen, is safe to use without being aggressive on the enamel.'
Verdict: 'This contains smooth glass particles that act like a polish, rather than an abrasive. But if it's polishing off a thin layer of surface over years, there's a risk of worn enamel' - Professor Andrew Edner

2/10

Dang I've bought Blanx in the past and definitely won't be buying it again.
Also I didn't see much of a difference when I did use it.

Rapid White Blue Light £30.63
Claim: 'Whitens teeth up to five shades lighter with two hours blue light.'
Verfict: 'This product contains citric acid that softens the enamel, so if you brush your teeth directly after using this, you're effectively spitting your teeth down the sink.' Dr Stemmer

3/10

Sounds horrendous!

CREST 3D Whitestrips Five Minute Touch-Ups £19.95
Claim: 'Crest Whitestrips provide you with a beautiful, whiter smile - guaranteed.' Contains 5.3% hydrogen peroxide.
Verdict: 'These are not permitted in the UK, though they can be bought from European websites. They are effective, but they need to be supervised by a dentist.' Dr Greenwall

5/10

Never knew these bad boys were not permitted in the UK.
After hearing all the raves from the Americans I thought I would give them a go.
I bought a pack of these off the internet several months ago and they do work.


Rembrandt 2-Hour Whitening Kit, £12.17 (drugstore.com)
Claim: 'Visibly whiter teeth in two hours'
Verdict: 'This will whiten your teeth.' -Dr Greenwall
The kit contains a tray which is placed over the teeth and bleach is added.

6/10

This treatment seemed to be rated quite well.
And for only £12.17 its a bit of a bargain.

(All information was from the Daily Mail.)


Have you guys used any whitening treatments?

Harriet x

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, I have been looking for some good whitening products for some time now!

    Enter my giveaway:
    http://danceofthegods.blogspot.com/2011/03/giveaway-100-followers.html

    Charlene xxxx
    A Cosmetic Affair

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use that baking soda method (if you search youtube for whitening teeth with baking soda you might find a lot of tutorials) and it seems to be working.
    Thing is I drink lots of coffee and lots of tea so if I skip a day with it, my teeth start to stain.

    x
    www.fusels.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read over your blog.Intersting post and good resources are there.
    Thanks for sharing Teeth Whitening Allentown

    ReplyDelete